A little bit of everything reviews....and other stuff.

My blog is basically a mix of reviews and typical day to day blog entries. I will review things every once in a while especially new games and movies. Mostly this blog will be full of my opinions and rants on things I come across on a daily basis.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Podcasting community

Most people are close to their family and friends. They spend time with them and share their lives with them. Now with the internet making it easier and easier to keep connected and connect to new people with similar intrests. This also comes into play with podcasts. Most podcasts are done by regular people that don't have huge sponsors or large companies backing them. Podcasting has given people a way to see into people lives through their show. People can now hear other people's opinions on any subject you can think of. They allow you to interact with them and learn about them more then you would reading a post on their forums.
I have been a part of the podcast community now since May when Dave and I started our show That's Good to Know. Since then I have met and talked to many different people from many different shows. Most people in podcasting are very friendly and willing to help out. They become your friends. One show helps another without even thinking about it. There is little to no competition its just a big community trying to get their word out.
That lead to what happened yesterday. The plane crash that happened in NY yesterday put two thoughts in my head. One....terrorism? Two ....I hope the guys from ifanboy are ok. Ifanboy is a comic book podcast based out of NY. The guys are ok and I am glad. Before the show I would have never thought that I would have had that come to mind at a moment like that, but ever since I have been in the podcasting community, they have become friends to me, not just guys on the net.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been reading this blog for a while now :).

I hope you're having fun making it, because I sure as hell don't like reading it.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home